For Students, Parents & Property Owners
St. Patrick's Day Safety Enhancement Zone
Thursday, March 17th at midnight through Friday, March 18th at 7:00am FINES ARE DOUBLED
- Noise Standards
Noise and parties are a real problem in our neighborhoods. Make sure you know the City's noise ordinance to avoid getting an expensive citation (and also how to appeal a citation if you receive one.) Noise Standards
- Good Neighbor Tips
When you move into a neighborhood, introduce yourself to your neighbors to begin building a positive relationship. The City's "Good Neighbor Checklist" has loads of information about how to be a good neighbor.
- When Do You Need Mediation?
And if you do find yourself in conflict with your neighbors, roommates, or landlord, and talking things out with them isn't working, there is a free conflict resolution and mediation service called SLO Solutions available to you. Get more info at http://www.creativemediation.net
- Planning a party?
Parties should be a pleasant experience for those in attendance and it should not be an unpleasant experience for neighbors.
Get some suggestions for planning a successful party.
- Facts About Alcohol Poisoning
Excessive drinking can be hazardous to everyone's health. If you suspect someone has alcohol poisoning, or if someone who has been drinking becomes unresponsive, dial 9-1-1 immediately. For more information visit: awareawakealive.org
Additional Links and Resources
- Emergency Contact Information: http://www.slocity.org/police/emergency.asp
- Student Community Liaison Committee: http://www.asi.calpoly.edu/sclc
- SLOPD Site: http://www.slopd.org
- SLO City Website: http://www.slocity.org
- Cal Poly Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities http://www.osrr.calpoly.edu
- Cuesta College Student Services http://www.cuesta.edu/aboutcc/planning/vpss/
- Cuesta College Student Life http://www.cuesta.edu/student/forstudents/studentlife/
- University Police Dept. http://police.calpoly.edu
- RISE (Crisis intervention and treatment for sexual assault): http://www.riseslo.org